Friday, January 22, 2010

I want to open a bilingual children museum in the U.S.

I went to a museum for children today in San Jose with my Spanish class and it was the most motivating experience I have had in a long time. I will be returning when I have more time in February and March. Today I had to go and do research for a presentation I am giving on a Costa Rican astronaut named Franklin Chang Diaz, and I was extremely inspired to provide this experience for other language learners. This museum had many basic words because it is geared towards children therefore making it much easier for me to understand! My Spanish teachers are smart cookies..sending us to a place where we can have fun and learn. I spent 2 1/2 hours in the universe part of the museum and there are many other parts to be discovered. Other treasures about this place are that it costs two dollars to enter and it used to be a prison (neat architecture). I am so excited to return~there will be many facebook albums posted so I can use them for reference when I teach!

I got to read about Neil Armstrong in Spanish, and see some really cool Apollo 11 artwork

I also pulled strings to enter in the part of the universe display that was closed for renovation because I am fluent enough to do that now. Loved every minute of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment