Sunday, January 10, 2010

Cucarachas

While sitting on my bed doing homework the other evening my roommate, Erin walks in the room to ask me a question about her homework. I was trying to pay attention but quickly lost my interest in looking at more Spanish homework. As my mind was wondering so were my eyes to something moving to my left above the curtains that were blowing in the wind from a light shower outside. The words: "We are going to get up slowly and leave this room" were all I managed to mutter as my eyes were glued to the situation at hand. She looked at my face in confusion at the unusual comment I had made and saw that I wasn't looking at her- her eyes moved to the situation and all hell broke lose. I thought the object would move more if we moved too fast or made noise and when we both screamed and dashed out of the room my hypothesis was correct! We ran out to my host brother and host mother who were at the dining room table who thought the world was ending and were already out of their seats. I got out the word "insecto" and they both laughed, but when we all huddled around the door the "insecto" was moving back and forth above the windows as if we had given it a hard attack. The "cockroach" that happened to be the size of my thumb was taken care of by my host brother with some RAID and we were reassured many times that the "cucarachas" are harmless. I thought I left the cockroachs in Indiana in the big ole' college house, but nooooooo they are haunting me. Urg...very comical though at the time being~

No comments:

Post a Comment