Friday, January 22, 2010

Elections

Elections are happening for a new president in February here in Costa Rica. This could be the first female president and everyone is very excited about elections. Tonight when my host mother go home from mass I heard loud drums and music coming from outside and there in road was a parade. A parade for "Laura" or rather in support of Laura with lots of people playing instruments, driving decorated cars, a huge drum core (which my dad would have thought was cool). It was neat...I also found out tonight that my host mom thinks Barack Obama is hott, along with Denzel Washington, and Johnny Depp.

Related topic, Costa Rica doesn't have an army, and I keep forgetting this. The country is very peaceful, yet full of crime. Gotta love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment