Saturday, February 20, 2010

Black Market

Today while walking down the streets of downtown San Jose I saw many vendors selling movies, CD's, jewelry, etc. from black sheets strawed out on sidewalks. They were a little flea market of sheets organized through the brick streets shouting out prices at people passing by. All of sudden they all started throwing their stuff back into bags, folding up their black sheets, some of them folding the sheets up with the items still on the sheet and running...I was so confused. At first there was confusion and then I was a bit frantic too. The faces of the people were so convincing of danger until my friend pointed out the policemen walking through the crowd. The black market is illegal and this small town girl had never seen anything like this before. I hate having to admit that Dayton isn't as big as I make it seem. Ugh

No comments:

Post a Comment