Saturday, May 15, 2010

Breathing in the mountain air...

I know Monteverde more than I know San Jose. I have never written about Monteverde but have been here a handful of times. I know the mountains of Costa Rica more than I know the beaches and that is just fine with me. I am sitting here in a cabin in the woods up in the mountains with the door wide open and the fresh air rolling in and realized I better write it down before I forget. It is easy to forget a cup of tea, a composition notebook, a door wide open, Corey Smith-Simon & Garfunkel-Sarah McLachlan-REM kind of morning. I am about to start some reading homework, might lay in the hammock, might go walk around...and Lanslide by Fleetwood Mac just came on. Ahhh...perfect. This morning was breakfast of eggs, toast, salchicha, cereal, and apple juice all cooked in a little kitchen that looks like it should be outside on a campground. Beautiful. The roads to get up to Monteverde are the hardest roads I have ever traveled and I pat myself on the back every time I accomplish it. It is so worth the sweat and tears. Why can't stuff like that fit in the palm of your hand? Fresh air, mountains, hard work, sense of accomplishment...why didn't the creator make it possible to carry around things like that? It would be so nice to have that everyday and have my family and friends around all at the same time. You can find a few of those things in the towns I reside, but you can't find it all...

No comments:

Post a Comment